Folks the Senate can’t legaly ratify a Treaty that violates the 2nd amendment, that would be unconstitutional, because even tho a treaty becomes Supreme Law of the land when ratified, it too MUST be Constutional. Folks we’re seeing tyranny on the horizon if they ratify this treaty, because they will ban guns regardless what the 2nd amendment says……we are seeing lawlessness from this administration and it will get much worse if they are re-elected in November. You can bet it will begin with a ban on semi-auto matic weapons. The American people must not let this Treaty be ratified.
Also here is some more info on Treaties by Joyce Rosenwald: 45 year Veteran of Legal Research when she was on a radio program last year:
One year ago I wrote an article titled “U.N. Agreement Should Have All Gun Owners Up In Arms” which has recently gained a great deal of renewed public interest. This update reviews some more recent developments, offering additional perspective about an immediate matter which should be of great concern to all who value rights guaranteed by our Second Amendment.
The Obama administration is actively engaged in negotiations to finalize details for a new global agreement premised to fight “terrorism”, “insurgency” and “international crime syndicates”. As U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-Moon describes its purpose, “Our goal is clear: a robust and legally binding Arms Trade Treaty that will have a real impact on the lives of those millions of people suffering from consequences of armed conflict, repression and armed violence…It is ambitious, but it is achievable.”
“It may not come as surprising news to many of you that the United Nations doesn’t approve of our Second Amendment. Not one bit. And they very much hope to do something about it with help from some powerful American friends,” writes Larry Bell for Forbes.
If ratified by the Senate, Bell warns, the United Nations will:
1. Enact tougher licensing requirements, creating additional bureaucratic red tape for legal firearms ownership.
2. Confiscate and destroy all “unauthorized” civilian firearms (exempting those owned by our government of course).
3. Ban the trade, sale and private ownership of all semi-automatic weapons (any that have magazines even though they still operate in the same one trigger pull – one single “bang” manner as revolvers, a simple fact the anti-gun media never seem to grasp).
4. Create an international gun registry, clearly setting the stage for full-scale gun confiscation.
5. In short, overriding our national sovereignty, and in the process, providing license for the federal government to assert preemptive powers over state regulatory powers guaranteed by the Tenth Amendment in addition to our Second Amendment rights.
The United States joined 152 other nations and officially supported the U.N. Arms Treaty Resolution in January of 2010. Secretary of State Clinton has promised to push the treaty through the Senate..