May 20, 2012
Bishop Timothy Clarke, First Church of God, NAACP, same sex marriage
Oh, but they’re not trying to cram this down anyone’s throat……We’re talking about a small minority in America that this type marriage applies to. You would think the majority of America is gay already with it being pushed from everywhere all of a sudden, the President, NAACP, legislators in several States…..Yet everytime it is put on a ballot for the “People” to vote on, it loses big time……anyway here’s the article.
The NAACP waded this weekend into the debate cracked wide open with President Obama’s recent public support of gay marriage, as the group’s national board voted on Saturday in support of same-sex unions.
According to a press release on the website of the Baltimore-based civil rights organization, the board of directors passed a resolution supporting marriage equality.
“The mission of the NAACP has always been to insure the political, social and economic equality of all people,” Roslyn Brock, chairwoman of the board, said in the statement.
Said Benjamin Todd Jealous, president and CEO, in that same statement: “Civil marriage is a civil right and a matter of civil law. The NAACP’s support for marriage equality is deeply rooted in the Fourteenth Amendment of the United States Constitution and equal protection of all people.”
The NAACP vote comes about a week and a half after President Obama’s decision to support gay marriage and the subsequent decision by the pastors of some black churches to blast the president’s decision.
Bishop Timothy Clarke, head of the First Church of God in Columbus, Ohio, told his congregation that he opposes gay marriage, but also told USA TODAY that he hopes Obama’s decision does not become a political football.
Rea Carey, executive director of the National Gay and Lesbian Task Force, praised the NAACP decision in a statement released on the group’s website.
May 20, 2012
American Society for the Defense of Tradition, Bristol Palin, dancing with the stars, Family and Property, homosexual activists, Mars Hill Church, same sex marriage, Sarah Crank, St Francis Xavier Roman Catholic Church
LifeSiteNews.com) – If homosexual activists have their way, Bristol Palin will not be dancing with the stars; she’ll be swimming with the fishes.
The daughter of former vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin received vicious, hateful, and incendiary criticism – including death threats – after posting a blog registering her opposition to same-sex “marriage.”
She revealed the hatred she has endured in a follow-up post, “Hate in the Name of Love, Bullying in the Name of Tolerance,” earlier this week.
In addition to more than 3,000 comments – which she noted contained mostly bullying and name-calling but no arguments – she unveiled some of the readers’ comments deemed too offensive to post:
- “You are a disgusting piece of sh-t ms. Palin. I wish awful things on you and your family. You all, including your son, deserve a slow, painful, and miserable death…May death be upon you.”
- “No, you’re the real problem, and America should kill you for it”;
- “bristol: kill yourself you fat f-ck”;
- “you’re an argument for abortion”;
- “Kill yourself.”
The reality television star is far from the only person opposing the radical homosexual activists’ attempt to redefine marriage to receive threats of violence.
Earlier this week vandals threatened to burn St. Francis Xavier Roman Catholic Church in Acushnet, Massachusetts, to the ground after it posted a message on its church sign stating, “Two men are friends, not spouses.”
Sarah Crank, a 14-year-old homeschooler in Maryland, received death threats after testifying before a Senate Judicial Proceedings Committee in January. She said the children of same-sex couples “have no idea what kind of wonderful experiences they miss out on” by not having traditional parents.
Mars Hill Church in Portland had bricks thrown through its windows by self-proclaimed “angry queers” after a pastor affiliated with another one of its branches said homosexuality was sinful.
In an online video entitled “Attacked by Tolerance,” volunteers from the American Society for the Defense of Tradition, Family and Property (TFP) describe how they were physically attacked by homosexual activists after they took a stance for traditional marriage.
May 20, 2012
Hunter Rogers, North Rowan High School, Rita Foil, Rowan-Salisbury
This teacher should be fired,but she wasn’t even reprimanded or suspended over the incident.
Last Monday, a high school student in North Carolina engaged his social studies teacher in a heated debate about politics and the two leading presidential candidates. During the exchange, the teacher (an obvious Obama supporter) got very angry with the student and accused him of disrespecting the president. She even went so far as to tell the boy that he could be jailed for speaking ill of Obama.
Meanwhile, an expert on politics at Catawba College says the social studies teacher just doesn’t have her facts straight when she insists speaking your mind about a president can get you charged with a criminal offense.
Sarah Campbell of the Salisbury Post first reported on the story. She claims that the school district is not releasing the name of the teacher and that she is not responding to requests for public comment (although the two students identified her to the newspaper). According to Campbell’s story, the teacher will not be suspended or even face disciplinary action for what was heard on the recording. A statement from the school was released at the end of the week:
“The Rowan-Salisbury School System expects all students and employees to be respectful in the school environment and for all teachers to maintain their professionalism in the classroom. This incident should serve as an education for all teachers to stop and reflect on their interaction with students. Due to personnel and student confidentiality, we cannot discuss the matter publicly.”
One of the commenters said this:
Timothy Rogers · Salisbury, North Carolina
I’m the father of this student. My son and two other students in this class have been attacked daily from this teacher, and the rest of the class, for their conservative political views since the beginning of this semester. I told him to stay out of the political conversations, but she said that if he didn’t participate he would receive a bad grade. This teacher is politically ignorant! I teach my sons to respect other peoples political opinion, but she has no right shoving her opinions down his throat! Since this day I have had to remove him from North Rowan High School and am going to enroll him at RCCC to finish his education. I am outraged that she can conduct herself in such an unprofessional manner and receive no disciplinary action. THIS IS NOT OVER! I will attempt to contact Rush Limbaugh this week.
May 20, 2012
checks and balances, Congress, due process, executive orders, Federal Debt, indefinite detention, NDAA, Rural council, United Nations
Dear Mr. Boehner, Mr. McConnell, et. al;
Our federal government is out of control. It is not the role of the federal government to regulate the daily lives of the citizens. It is not the role of the federal government to regulate domestic commerce. It is not the role of the federal government to tell farmers what to grow, nor tell people what to eat. It is not the role of the federal government to dictate the education of our children. It is not the job of the federal government to trespass into state criminal investigations.
It is not the role of the federal government to control our rural or municipal affairs; yet, the President has now established federal councils for both rural affairs (Executive Order 13575—Establishment of the White House Rural Council June 9, 2011)and municipal affairs (Executive Order— Establishing a White House Council on Strong Cities, Strong Communities May 1, 2012). Russia called these councils the “sovyet” and they are the final building blocks to communism. It is not the role of the Federal government to be the people’s nanny.
It’s not the role of the Federal government to spend this nation into oblivion. Pardon me if I do not get excited about your current budget debate. That drama has outlived itself, and I say let the government shut down for a while; we might buy a few more days of life for our Constitution. I am also not impressed by your resolution on foreign affairs, encouraging “democracies” in foreign nations, while our republic is being actively destroyed by its own government.
It is your role, Congress, to stop the Executive encroachment into the Legislature and it is your duty to stop the Federal encroachment upon individual Liberty. Our founders took great care when creating a federal government that would be limited and always in submission to the states and the people. WHEN is Congress going to take a real stand against the destruction of the rights and privileges of this people? Will you wait until it’s too late? Mere “outrage” doesn’t get the job done. This Congress is pushing the nation to a point of turmoil it has not seen for 150 years. And make no mistake; each and every one of you will be personally responsible for what will occur. Are you prepared to live with that responsibility and those consequences? It will not fall on the shoulders of the President alone and the blame game will not alleviate the suffering of our children when they are so grievously affected. Yet, we can avoid repeating the mistakes of our history. But we must act now. We must act decisively. If not, we will regret our neglect. We have the opportunity now, but have no guarantee it will be available much longer.
Does Congress truly understand WHY people fled communist nations to come to the greatest nation in the world? Do you truly know the cost of such sacrifice and what you are supposed to be defending? You are fooling yourselves if you think one more election is going to fix it. You don’t have that kind of time. The blocks are in place, and you have provided the mortar. Take a stand now. Not a political stand, but a stand that involves integrity, courage, and resolve. No more petitions asking the president to stop stealing legislative power. No more demands that Eric Holder resign. YOU must do your job and YOU must defend this nation and it’s Constitution from these enemies, both foreign and domestic. You must:
- Put an end to the executive order madness. Exercise your constitutionally given power, as provided through the checks and balances and separation of powers. Show this nation that you understand that Legislative power is not to be shared and it is definitely NOT to be taken.
- We are not subjects of the United Nations and never intend to be. Get them out of our business.
- If you are unwilling to impeach, defund any person appointed by the executive branch outside Congressional and Constitutional authority. (i.e. all the Christmas appointments and Czars)
- Pick up your Congressional oversight responsibility and shut down these executive regulatory agencies whose only purpose is to “harass our people, and eat out their substance.”
- Get control of the immigration in this nation. We don’t want to see GAO reports telling us that the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the State Department cannot agree on the degree of terrorist association a visa applicant must have to render the applicant ineligible.
- It is time to indict Eric Holder for the criminal that he is. No more whining, no more demanding for resignations, INDICT him and then FIRE him.
- Impeach Elena Kagan. She is obviously incapable of using the appropriate professional ethic and judgment needed to be a Supreme Court Justice. Learn from this mistake and actually involve yourselves in the confirmation process. Your employers are sick to death of political games.
- Repeal The Federal Restricted Buildings and Grounds Improvement Act. Now. You are supposed to be protecting the rights of the people, not violating them.
- End the 4th amendment violations permitted in the Patriot Act. Now.
- Repeal sections 1021 & 1022 of NDAA 2012. It’s not only about habeas corpus, it’s about
- unilateral power given to the president by congress to determine who is a terrorist and then detain them in secret with no probable cause;
- unilateral power given to the president by congress to invoke the laws of war during a “hostility”;
- unilateral power given to the president by congress to transfer the power under the laws of war to “domestic agencies fighting terrorists”
- Get the IRS out of the passport business.
- Don’t just read the Constitution, study it. Not how you studied it in law school, that wasn’t the Constitution, that was Constitutional Law, there is a huge difference. Those of you who went to Harvard, we understand if you don’t know what the Constitution is, it hasn’t been studied there in years. May I suggest a course that I know will teach you the truth and is so simple a Congressman can understand it. I happen to know the teacher personally and I am sure that she would come teach it at her own expense and sacrifice. Interested? Click Here.
These are some of the demands of your employers; we demand you do your job. These are the requirements of our founders; they have entrusted us with the Liberty purchased with their lives. These are the duties imposed upon you by the Constitution of the United States, and your obligations consistent with the oaths you took. And, these are the times that try men’s souls. How will history remember us? The generation that participated in death of Liberty or the generation that gave our last breath to prosper it? I have made my choice. How will you choose?