Dear Mr. Boehner, Mr. McConnell, et. al;
Our federal government is out of control. It is not the role of the federal government to regulate the daily lives of the citizens. It is not the role of the federal government to regulate domestic commerce. It is not the role of the federal government to tell farmers what to grow, nor tell people what to eat. It is not the role of the federal government to dictate the education of our children. It is not the job of the federal government to trespass into state criminal investigations.
It is not the role of the federal government to control our rural or municipal affairs; yet, the President has now established federal councils for both rural affairs (Executive Order 13575—Establishment of the White House Rural Council June 9, 2011)and municipal affairs (Executive Order— Establishing a White House Council on Strong Cities, Strong Communities May 1, 2012). Russia called these councils the “sovyet” and they are the final building blocks to communism. It is not the role of the Federal government to be the people’s nanny.
It’s not the role of the Federal government to spend this nation into oblivion. Pardon me if I do not get excited about your current budget debate. That drama has outlived itself, and I say let the government shut down for a while; we might buy a few more days of life for our Constitution. I am also not impressed by your resolution on foreign affairs, encouraging “democracies” in foreign nations, while our republic is being actively destroyed by its own government.
It is your role, Congress, to stop the Executive encroachment into the Legislature and it is your duty to stop the Federal encroachment upon individual Liberty. Our founders took great care when creating a federal government that would be limited and always in submission to the states and the people. WHEN is Congress going to take a real stand against the destruction of the rights and privileges of this people? Will you wait until it’s too late? Mere “outrage” doesn’t get the job done. This Congress is pushing the nation to a point of turmoil it has not seen for 150 years. And make no mistake; each and every one of you will be personally responsible for what will occur. Are you prepared to live with that responsibility and those consequences? It will not fall on the shoulders of the President alone and the blame game will not alleviate the suffering of our children when they are so grievously affected. Yet, we can avoid repeating the mistakes of our history. But we must act now. We must act decisively. If not, we will regret our neglect. We have the opportunity now, but have no guarantee it will be available much longer.
Does Congress truly understand WHY people fled communist nations to come to the greatest nation in the world? Do you truly know the cost of such sacrifice and what you are supposed to be defending? You are fooling yourselves if you think one more election is going to fix it. You don’t have that kind of time. The blocks are in place, and you have provided the mortar. Take a stand now. Not a political stand, but a stand that involves integrity, courage, and resolve. No more petitions asking the president to stop stealing legislative power. No more demands that Eric Holder resign. YOU must do your job and YOU must defend this nation and it’s Constitution from these enemies, both foreign and domestic. You must:
- Put an end to the executive order madness. Exercise your constitutionally given power, as provided through the checks and balances and separation of powers. Show this nation that you understand that Legislative power is not to be shared and it is definitely NOT to be taken.
- We are not subjects of the United Nations and never intend to be. Get them out of our business.
- If you are unwilling to impeach, defund any person appointed by the executive branch outside Congressional and Constitutional authority. (i.e. all the Christmas appointments and Czars)
- Pick up your Congressional oversight responsibility and shut down these executive regulatory agencies whose only purpose is to “harass our people, and eat out their substance.”
- Get control of the immigration in this nation. We don’t want to see GAO reports telling us that the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the State Department cannot agree on the degree of terrorist association a visa applicant must have to render the applicant ineligible.
- It is time to indict Eric Holder for the criminal that he is. No more whining, no more demanding for resignations, INDICT him and then FIRE him.
- Impeach Elena Kagan. She is obviously incapable of using the appropriate professional ethic and judgment needed to be a Supreme Court Justice. Learn from this mistake and actually involve yourselves in the confirmation process. Your employers are sick to death of political games.
- Repeal The Federal Restricted Buildings and Grounds Improvement Act. Now. You are supposed to be protecting the rights of the people, not violating them.
- End the 4th amendment violations permitted in the Patriot Act. Now.
- Repeal sections 1021 & 1022 of NDAA 2012. It’s not only about habeas corpus, it’s about
- unilateral power given to the president by congress to determine who is a terrorist and then detain them in secret with no probable cause;
- unilateral power given to the president by congress to invoke the laws of war during a “hostility”;
- unilateral power given to the president by congress to transfer the power under the laws of war to “domestic agencies fighting terrorists”
- Get the IRS out of the passport business.
- Don’t just read the Constitution, study it. Not how you studied it in law school, that wasn’t the Constitution, that was Constitutional Law, there is a huge difference. Those of you who went to Harvard, we understand if you don’t know what the Constitution is, it hasn’t been studied there in years. May I suggest a course that I know will teach you the truth and is so simple a Congressman can understand it. I happen to know the teacher personally and I am sure that she would come teach it at her own expense and sacrifice. Interested? Click Here.
These are some of the demands of your employers; we demand you do your job. These are the requirements of our founders; they have entrusted us with the Liberty purchased with their lives. These are the duties imposed upon you by the Constitution of the United States, and your obligations consistent with the oaths you took. And, these are the times that try men’s souls. How will history remember us? The generation that participated in death of Liberty or the generation that gave our last breath to prosper it? I have made my choice. How will you choose?