As the federal government continues to overstep it’s Constitutional bounds, we will see more of this type thing. It has been done with Obamacare as well.
(Breitbart) – As details continue to emerge regarding gun control plans that President Barack Obama and the Democrats are pushing behind the scenes, Wyoming lawmakers have a message for the federal government: “Don’t tread on us.”
Local radio station KTWO reports that lawmakers in Wyoming have proposed a “Firearms Protection Act” that provides a state-level annulment of any ban against semi-automatics or magazines that hold 20 or 30 rounds or more.
If the measure passes, it would mean that anyone–even federal agents-who try to enforce a ban within the state borders could be charged with a felony.
Is this the wave of the future for “red” states concerned about Obama’s strong anti-gun intentions?
It is too early to tell. But it is worth noting that Montana lawmakers began pushing for the same kind of legislation as soon as conservatives took control of that state’s legislature in 2010.
2013 STATE OF WYOMING 13LSO-0426 HOUSE BILL NO. HB0104
Firearm Protection Act.
Sponsored by: Representative(s) Kroeker, Baker, Burkhart, Jaggi, Miller, Piiparinen, Reeder and
Winters and Senator(s) Dockstader and Hicks
A BILL for
- 1 ANACTrelatingtofirearms;providingthatanyfederallaw
- 2 which attempts to ban a semi-automatic firearm or to limit
- 3 the size of a magazine of a firearm or other limitation on
- 4 firearms in this state shall be unenforceable in Wyoming;
- 5 providing a penalty; and providing for an effective date.
7 Be It Enacted by the Legislature of the State of Wyoming: 8
9 Section 1. W.S. 6-8-405 is amended to read:
- 11 6-8-405. Offenses and penalties; defense of Wyoming
- 12 citizens.
- 14 (a) No public servant as defined in W.S. 6-5-101, or
- 15 dealer selling any firearm in this state shall enforce or
- 16 attempt to enforce any act, law, statute, rule or
2013 STATE OF WYOMING 13LSO-0426
- 1 regulation of the United States government relating to a
- 2 personal firearm, firearm accessory or ammunition that is
- 3 owned or manufactured commercially or privately in Wyoming
- 4 and that remains exclusively within the borders of Wyoming.
- 6 (b) Any official, agent or employee of the United
- 7 States government who enforces or attempts to enforce any
- 8 act, order, law, statute, rule or regulation of the United
- 9 States government upon a personal firearm, a firearm
- 10 accessory or ammunition that is owned or manufactured
- 11 commercially or privately in Wyoming and that remains
- 12 exclusively within the borders of Wyoming shall be guilty
- 13 of a misdemeanor felony and, upon conviction, shall be
- 14 subject to imprisonment for not more less than one (1) year
- 15 and one (1) day or more than five (5) years, a fine of not
- 16 more than two thousand dollars ($2,000.00) five thousand
- 17 dollars ($5,000.00), or both.
- 19 (c) The attorney general may defend a citizen of
- 20 Wyoming who is prosecuted by the United States government
- 21 for violation of a federal law relating to the manufacture,
- 22 sale, transfer or possession of a firearm, a firearm
- 23 accessory or ammunition owned or manufactured and retained
- 24 exclusively within the borders of Wyoming.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
(d) Any federal law, rule, regulation or order
created or effective on or after January 1, 2013 shall be
unenforceable within the borders of Wyoming if the law,
rule, regulation or order attempts to:
(i) Ban or restrict ownership of a semi-
automatic firearm or any magazine of a firearm; or
(ii) Require any firearm, magazine or other
firearm accessory to be registered in any manner.
Section 2. This act is effective immediately upon completion of all acts necessary for a bill to become law as provided by Article 4, Section 8 of the Wyoming Constitution.
2013 STATE OF WYOMING 13LSO-0426